Company Name: The Castlewood Nixa
Position Title: Full Time Cook $750 Sign On Bonus
Location: Nixa, Missouri 65714
Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To provide exceptional quality food, attractively presented in a timely fashion, and first class customer service.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Follow all direction of Food Service Director.
- Maintain company standards in food preparation, serving, and portion control.
- Provide high quality food preparation and prompt service.
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the community requires be used or worn.
- Assist Food Service Director in properly managing inventories.
- Comply with health, safety, and infection control practices at the state and local levels.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service at all times.
- Prepare all menu items according to established standards and recipes.
- Prepare all special menu items for meals occurring within your shift.
- Break down and clean work area as assigned by cleaning schedule and periodically by Food Service Director.
- Label and date all foods before storing.
- Secure and lock all walk-in storage, refrigerators, freezers, and back door entry.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the Community and your department.
- Handle resident concerns and complaints in a caring and professional manner.
- Promote to all staff an understanding of the importance of the Food Services department to resident quality life.
- Demonstrate interest and knowledge in meeting needs of the elderly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within seven (7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Possess a current Food Handlers Card as specified per the Department of Health.
- At least 3 years of total experience in senior housing or a related field is preferred.
- Has demonstrated skills, knowledge, and competency in the areas of leadership, training, and supervision.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with other members of management, professional and support staff are also required.
- Completion of formal culinary, food service or restaurant training or an equivalent amount of full-time supervisory or management-level work experience.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/w3cjhk26qtj4qm2v