August 19, 2016
(Washington, D.C.) After a long history of collaboration, the National Restaurant Association has announced a new partnership with the American Culinary Federation (ACF) that brings together North America’s largest professional organization of chefs and the leading business association for restaurants. This formalized partnership offers exclusive benefits to ACF and NRA members alike, including:
- opportunities for ACF members to earn continuing-education hours through judging and teaching opportunities with the NRA;
- recognition of ACF certification within the NRA;
- recognition of ServSafe Certification Program as the industry standard for chefs and foodservice professionals;
- discounts for ACF members to attend the NRA Show and other selected events;
- discounts for NRA members to attend ACF events;
- educational and mentoring opportunities through ProStart, ServSafe and Chefs Move to Schools; and
- a seat at the table for both ACF and NRA in industry council roundtables.
“Whether it’s educating and mentoring the next generation of chefs, promoting certification and food safety training or leading through innovation and influence, this partnership stands to benefit ACF members through expanded opportunities and NRA’s ability to advocate on behalf of the industry,” said Thomas Macrina, CEC, CCA, AAC, president, American Culinary Federation.
With restaurant industry sales expected to reach $783 billion in 2016, representing the seventh consecutive year of growth in restaurant sales, the restaurant industry is the nation’s second-largest private sector employer, with 80% of restaurant owners having started their industry careers in entry-level positions.
“We are thrilled to enter a new chapter in our longstanding relationship with ACF,” said Dawn Sweeney, President/CEO, National Restaurant Association. “The National Restaurant Association and our Educational Foundation take pride in fostering the future of the restaurant industry through our ProStart, Manage First and ServSafe programs. There is no better partner to help us promote our mission with the culinary community than ACF.”
ACF and NRA members have multiple opportunities to connect and network throughout 2017. The NRA Show, the industry’s largest trade show, is May 20-23. ACF is hosting two Signature Series events in 2017: ChefConnect: Chicago, Feb. 5-7, and ChefConnect: NYC, Feb. 26-28. The Cook. Craft. Create. Convention & Show will be held in Orlando, Florida, July 9-12, at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.